Asparagus, Hazelnut & Egg Pasta Salad
Make this light and easy asparagus, hazelnut & egg pasta salad for your next picnic or summer lunch.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 20 mins Serves: 5
- 500g Diamond Penne Pasta
- 4 Woodland Free Range Eggs
- ½ cup DYC White Vinegar
- 1 bunch Asparagus, chopped & blanched
- ½ Red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup Fresh Life Hazelnuts, lightly roasted and roughly chopped
- 200g Feta, roughly crumbled
- ½ cup Superb Herb Mini Leaf Basil
- ½ cup Basil pesto
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and let cool.
- Place eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Add 1 tbsp of vinegar then bring to the boil. Once boiling set a timer and hardboiled for 5 minutes. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon, run under cold water, peel, then slice into halves.
- Soak diced red onion with remaining vinegar in a small bowl. Drain and rinse when ready to serve.
- In a large bowl toss pesto through the pasta. Add red onion, asparagus, feta and hard boiled eggs. Top with mini leaf basil and hazelnuts.
- Serve immediately, or pack up for a deluxe picnic.