Easy Chicken Banh Mi
This is an easy and delicious version of banh mi, perfect for taking on a summer picnic. Banh mi is a popular street food in Vietnam where baguettes are commonplace – in fact ‘bánh mì’ is Vietnamese for bread.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 20 mins Serves: 4
- 1 box Waitoa Original Tenders
- 1/3 cup Chilli mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups Quick Vietnamese pickle, drained (recipe here)
- 1/2 cup Superb Herb Coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 Baguette
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place chicken tenders on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, turning once, until cooked through and golden.
- Slice baguette in half horizontally and then into 4 pieces. Spread generously with chilli mayonnaise then quickly toast in the oven, until hot and golden, about 3 minutes.
- Stuff baguette with lettuce, tenders, quick Vietnamese pickle and fresh coriander. Yum!