Salmon Carpaccio with Tarragon, Avocado & Orange
Try this beautiful fresh salmon carpaccio with tarragon, orange, avocado and pomegranate seeds for a simple but delicious festive starter. Prepare ahead and serve chilled, with your favourite drinks.
Prep Time: 10 minutes + marinade. Serves: 6 as starter
- 500g Fresh Regal Marlborough King Salmon, skinned and boned
- A handful Superb Herb Tarragon, leaves torn
- 3 Oranges, 1 juiced and zested, 2 sliced
- 1 Lemon, juice only
- Salt & black pepper
- 1 NZ Avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup Pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp Olivado Extra Virgin Avocado Oil with Lemon Zest
- Slice the salmon thinly with a sharp knife and lay on a shallow dish. Spread tarragon all over the fish.
- In a small bowl, mix orange juice, lemon juice, orange zest and oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour orange mixture over the fish and tarragon. Cover, and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Arrange the salmon, avocado and orange segments attractively on a platter. Top with pomegranate seeds and drizzle the remaining marinade. Garnish with some extra fresh tarragon. Enjoy.
Tip: Ask your local seafood shop for the freshest Regal Marlborough King Salmon.