Stuffed Rolled Pork Belly Roast with Summer Slaw & Candied Nuts
This quality onion and sage stuffed pork belly roast is a meat lovers’ ultimate treat. The heavenly combination of the crisp crackle and the tender centre will leave you craving more. Serve with a large bowl of summery slaw topped with candied nuts.
Prep time: 20 mins Cook Time: 2 hours Serves: 10
- 1 Pure South Apple Tree Farm Rolled Pork Belly (approx. 2kg)
- Olivado Avocado Cooking Oil
- Salt & pepper
Fruity Summer Slaw
- ¼ Green cabbage, shredded
- ¼ Red cabbage, shredded
- 1 Carrot, julienned
- 1 Apple, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 cup Plain yoghurt
- ½ cup Dole Tropical Gold Pineapple, chopped
- 2 tbsp DYC Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Celery seeds
- Salt & black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Drizzle pork belly with oil then rub all over with salt and pepper. Place in a roasting tray. Cook for 25 mins, then turn the oven down to 180°C. Roast for 90 minutes or until cooked through. To check if the meat is cooked through, insert a skewer. It is cooked when the juices run clear. Transfer to a dish, then cover with foil to rest before serving.
- Blend the slaw dressing together until smooth. Set aside. In a large bowl toss slaw ingredients with dressing and garnish. Serve with the pork belly.
Tip: If the crackling isn’t as crispy as you like when finished cooking, heat the grill to high and grill the pork for a few mins until crisp. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn.