Walnut & Herb Crusted Lamb Racks
Good quality lamb racks coated in an irresistible blend of walnut, herbs and Dijon mustard crust are perfect to serve for Christmas.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes + resting Serves: 4
- 1 pack Pure South TE MANA LAMB French Rack (1kg)
- A knob Unsalted butter
For the Crust
- 1 cup Fresh Life Californian Walnut pieces, chopped
- 2 tbsp Superb Herb Thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp Superb Herb Rosemary, chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Coarse salt
- 1 tsp Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp Olivado Avocado Oil with Rosemary
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
To Serve (optional)
- Plain yoghurt
- Olivado Avocado Oil With Rosemary
- Take the lamb out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper all over the lamb and sear in a hot frying pan on a high heat with oil and butter for 2-3 minutes, turning with tongs until golden all over.
- Put the racks on a roasting tray and let cool.
- In a cordless blender, pulse walnuts, thyme, rosemary, garlic until well combined. Add oil, season with coarse salt and cracked pepper. Mix well.
- Generously brush mustard all over lamb. Press walnut mixture onto mustard to form a crust.
- Roast for 25 minutes, until the crust is crisp. Remove the lamb from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes before serving with the roast baby carrots (optional).