Gluten Free Lemon Chicken Piccata Spaghetti
This is a super simple yet impressive chicken piccata in a tasty lemon, butter and caper sauce. It’s perfect with gluten free spaghetti for a quick and delicious dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4
- 250g Diamond Gluten Free Spaghetti
- 2 Waitoa Chicken Breast Fillets
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp Olivado Extra Virgin Avocado Oil With Lemon Zest
- 1 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 2 tbsp Superb Herb Italian Parsley, chopped,
To serve (optional)
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Extra Olivado Extra Virgin Avocado Oil With Lemon Zest
- Superb Herb Italian parsley
- Prepare spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Place a piece of cling film or baking paper over each chicken breast and pound gently to flatten. Season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and cook chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side until brown and cooked through. Remove chicken and keep warm. Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel.
- In the same pan melt 1 tbsp butter over medium-high heat. Add shallot and sauté, stirring often, for 30 seconds or until soft. Add lemon juice, wine, and capers and bring to a gentle boil. Cook for 1-2 minutes to reduce the liquid slightly. Turn off the heat, add parsley. Season to taste.
- Arrange the pasta on serving plates. Place the chicken on top of the spaghetti. Pour the lemon butter sauce over chicken. Serve topped with extra drizzle of oil, parsley, lemon zest and parmesan cheese, if desired.