This beautiful and meltingly tender seared venison loin makes a stunning dish that takes almost no preparation time. Tender seared venison carpaccio served with the most simple and mighty combination of balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. An impressive party appetiser to serve chilled with pre dinner drinks.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 12 minutes Serves: 8-10
- 1.2 kg Pure South Venison Boneless Short Loin
- 2 tbsp Olivado Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt & black pepper
- A handful Superb Herb Cress
- A handful Superb Herb Italian Parsley
- 4 Radishes, sliced
- ¼ cup Blackberries
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
- A drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Olivado Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Use a very sharp knife to remove all the fat, all silver skin and sinew from the meat. Brush with olive oil generously all over then season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan over very high heat. Once the pan is smoking sear the venison in until brown all over, about 5 seconds on each side. Remove from the pan and rest on a plate to cool.
- Once cool, tightly wrap the meat in cling film and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes — this will make it much easier to slice finely.
- Thinly slice the venison with a sharp carving knife and arrange on a platter. (You can cut it with the clingfilm on, then discard after.) Top with cress, parsley, radishes, shaved parmesan and blackberries. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.