Easy Homemade Beef Rendang
You can make this absolutely delectable Malaysian style rendang curry without too many special ingredients. Prepare the rendang paste and place into the slow cooker with beef and coconut milk, then let the slow cooker do its job!
Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 4-6 hours (slow cooker) Serves: 6
- 800g Pure South Beef Rump, cut into 3-4cm chunks
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp White wine
- 2 cans Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- 3 Superb Herb Lemongrass stalks, bruised & chopped
- 4cm Fresh ginger, peeled
- 4 Garlic cloves, peeled
- 100g Fresh Life Cashews, soaked in boiling water, then drained
- 2 Red chillies, chopped
- 2 tbsp Olivado Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp Curry powder
- Salt & pepper
KitchenAid Cordless Food Chopper
- Sprinkle sugar over beef, then drizzle with wine. Leave to marinade for 20 minutes.
- In a food processor, process lemongrass, ginger, garlic, cashews, chilli, coconut oil and 200ml of the coconut milk. Slowly add more coconut milk, one spoonful at a time until the mixture becomes loose paste.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Brown beef all over, add the paste, curry powder, then pour remaining coconut milk in. Transfer to a slow cooker and cook on high for 4-6 hours. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with coconut rice, hot paratha (optional), topped with cashews and coriander.