Fragrant Lamb Stir Fry with Coconut Rice
This lamb stir fry recipe with colourful capsicums and shiitake mushrooms is quick to cook. Serve with coconut flavoured rice. You can easily make this meal gluten-free by using gluten-free soy sauce. Yum!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Serves: 4
- 500g Pure South Butterflied Lamb Leg, sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp Olivado Coconut Oil
- 1 Green capsicum, sliced
- 1 Red capsicum, sliced
- 1 Yellow capsicum, sliced
- 100g Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- Salt & black pepper
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- ½ cup Superb Herb Coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 can Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- 2 cups Long grain rice
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Fresh Life Coconut Chips, toasted
- For the lamb stir fry: Heat cooking oil in a wok or a large fry pan over high heat. Stir fry capsicums for 1 minute. Add shiitake mushrooms and stir fry for another 1 minute. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add a little more oil in the same pan. Stir fry lamb. When the colour of the meat changes, return the capsicum mixture in the pan. Sprinkle the curry powder all over and stir through.
- Add salt, pepper and soy sauce, then stir through the chopped coriander.
- For the coconut rice: In a medium sized pot rinse rice until the water runs clear. Drain then add coconut milk, water, salt and sugar. Cook the rice over high heat, once boiling turn heat down to low-medium and cook with the lid off for 10 minutes, or until nearly all the liquid has been absorbed. Pop the lid on, turn off the heat, then leave for 10 minutes to absorb. Once ready to serve fluff rice then sprinkle with coconut chips.
- Serve lamb stir fry with the coconut rice and fresh coriander.