Easy Baked Popcorn Chicken
Baked popcorn chicken is simple to prepare and healthier than deep-fried versions. Kids will love them too.
Prep Time: 10 minutes + marinating Cook Time: 25 minutes Serves: 8 as appetiser
- 4 Waitoa Free Range Chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2-3 cm pieces
- 1 tsp Southern style chicken blend spice mix or spice mix of your choice
- 3 tbsp Superb Herb Chives, chopped
- 1 ½ cup FreshLife Cornmeal flour
- Olivado Avocado Cooking Oil
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Honey
- Preheat the oven to 200° C. Line two large baking sheets with baking paper.
- In a bowl whisk together buttermilk, garlic powder, salt & pepper, cayenne and chives. Add chicken and leave to marinade for 10 minutes.
- Working in batches, coat the chicken pieces in cornmeal flour until fully coated. Spread chicken in even layers on prepared baking sheets. Drizzle some oil all over the chicken.
- Bake chicken until golden and cooked through for 25 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Dipping sauce: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.