Little Curried Chicken Pies
Simple mini snack pies filled with easy coronation chicken. They are brilliant for parties, picnics or lunch boxes.
Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Makes : 16
- 300g Waitoa Free Range Roasted Chicken, cooled and shredded
- 3 tbsp FreshLife Sultanas
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp Mango chutney
- 2 tbsp Curry powder
- 2 sheets Paneton ready rolled Flaky Puff pastry
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Black and White sesame seeds (optional)
- In a large bowl mix all the filling ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Sprinkle flour over your work surface and place one pastry sheet on top. Place about 2 tablespoons of the chicken filling mixture evenly spaced. Brush around the chicken mixture with egg. Place the second pastry on top. Cut into small pies, then seal each pie shut with the tip of a fork. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients to make 8 pies.
- Brush the pies with egg, sprinkle sesame seeds and poke an air hole with a small knife on each pie and bake for 15 minutes until golden. Serve with some plain yoghurt and tomato sauce if you like.