Tomato Tarte Tatin with goat cheese
If you think of tarte tatin as a classic dessert, you might want to rethink that! This tomato tarte tatin is a game changer! Keep the toppings simple with goat cheese and sweet basil and let the ingredients shine.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 40 minutes Makes: 1 tart
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 20g Caster sugar
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups Beekist Tasty Mix Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Superb Herb Oregano
- ½ cup Superb Herb Mini Leaf Basil, divided
- 3 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Salt and black pepper
- 150g Soft goat cheese, divided
- 1 sheet Puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Melt the butter in an ovenproof frying pan and stir in the sugar and vinegar. Simmer for 5 minutes until thick. Remove from the heat.
- Place the tomatoes in the frying pan (be careful as it will be hot). Scatter with oregano, half the basil, sliced garlic and salt and pepper. Crumble half of the goats cheese over.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a floured board. Use a plate that’s just bigger than the frying pan as a template to cut around it with a knife. Lift the pastry and place it over the frying pan. Tuck the edges of the pastry around the tomatoes. Poke holes in the pastry with a fork, so steam can escape.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the pastry is golden and firm.
- Run a knife around the edge then let sit for 5 minutes before carefully flipping onto a plate. Serve hot garnished with remaining crumbled goats cheese and fresh basil.
If you prefer your tomatoes fresh, you will love this rainbow tomato salad.