Chocolate Plum Cake
Our latest take on the upside down cake, this chocolate plum cake is a must-try! The combination of fresh fruit, chocolate and ground almond give it texture and keep it nice and moist. Black Doris plums are perfect for this but feel free to substitute with your favourite seasonal stone fruit.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 55 minutes Makes: 1 Cake
- 500g Black Doris Plums (or other stone fruit)
- 175g Butter
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Self raising flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup FreshLife Ground Almonds
- 80g Dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a springform cake tin.
- Half the plums, discarding the stones. Set aside half of the plums for the top of the cake. Roughly chop the remaining plums.
- In a Kenwood Chef Sense XL Mixer bowl add butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating one at a time. Sift in flour and baking powder. Stir in ground almonds. Stir in chopped chocolate and the chopped plums, then pour into the prepared cake tin. Smooth out the batter with a spatula.
- Gently press the remaining halved plums cut-side-up into the batter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
Enjoy your lovely chocolate plum cake with a dollop of whipped cream.
If, like us, you enjoy seeing your fruit on display, try this upside-down flourless orange & thyme cake.