Easy Homemade Pistachio Dukkah
Dukkah is a Middle Eastern condiment usually made with herbs, nuts and spices. It’s commonly sprinkled over meals or used in a dip with bread. We love ours on hummus or with our best avocados and eggs on toast recipe. Yum. Experiment with your favourite FreshLife nuts. You can store dukkah in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 5-10 mins Makes: ¾ cup
- ½ cup FreshLife Pistachio Kernels
- ¼ cup FreshLife Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- In a nonstick frying pan over low heat dry fry the cumin, coriander and fennel seeds until they become fragrant. Set aside.
- Dry fry the pistachios until golden, then add the sesame seeds and fry until just golden. Once cool, add all dukkah ingredients to a blender and lightly pulse until a rough crumb forms.
- Serve sprinkled on Best Avocado & Eggs On Toast or Herby Avocado Hummus.