Best Tomato Salad
Bursting with classic flavours, this rainbow tomato salad showcases beautiful & tasty tomatoes mingled with their favourite friends. Served with a roast for your family Easter dinner or on its own with crusty bread for light lunch, this margherita salad will quickly become a summer favourite.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: N/A Serves: 4-6
- 1 box Beekist Chef’s Selection tomatoes, whole, halved or quartered
- 1 box Beekist Angel or Jellybean tomatoes
- 1 Red onion, thinly sliced, soaked in water for 5 minutes and squeezed out excess water
- ½ Cucumber, ribboned
- A handful Superb Herb Basil, leaves
- A handful Superb Herb Purple Basil, leaves
- 1 pot (125g) Massimo’s Cherry Bocconcini
- 3 tbsp Black olives, pitted and halved
- 1/3 cup Olivado Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp DYC White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Liquid honey
- 1 tbsp Superb Herb Oregano, leaves only chopped
- Salt & black pepper
- Crusty Bread
- In a large bowl, place all tomato salad ingredients.
- Make the dressing: in a jar or a bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Mix well.
- Toss salad with dressing and serve.
For more tomato recipe inspiration, try this delicious tomato & goat cheese tarte tatin.