Canapes Idea — Corn Thins 3 ways
3 delicious corn or rice cakes topping ideas that the whole family will love. From classic pairings with roasted tomatoes, ricotta and basil to beef with wasabi mayo and tropical flavours for dessert, explore the range and get inspiration for your next party.
Leftover Roast Beef & Wasabi Mayo
Next time you have leftover roast beef make these delectable roast beef and wasabi mayo corn thins slices. The flavour combinations are divine.
Prep time: 10 mins Serves: 2
- 4 Real Foods Corn Thins Sesame slices
- 150g Pure South Roast Beef, thinly sliced
- 1 NZ Avocado, sliced
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Wasabi, or to taste
- 2 Radishes, mandolined
- 1/2 cup Superb Herb Cress, to garnish
- In a small bowl stir mayonnaise and wasabi together until well combined.
- Lay Corn Thins slices on a chopping board. Slather generously with wasabi mayonnaise, then top with sliced avocado, roast beef and radish. Garnish with fresh cress.
Whipped Ricotta, Roast Tomato & Basil
There’s nothing better than flavorsome baked tomatoes, creamy ricotta and fresh basil. Make this for lunch or serve as a delicious appetizer.
Prep time: 5–10 mins Cook time: 20 mins Serves: 2
- 4 Real Foods Corn Thins Multigrain slices
- 1 pack Beekist Chef’s Selection Tomatoes, whole & halved
- A drizzle of Olivado Avocado Oil with Basil
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Superb Herb Mini Leaf Basil, to garnish
- 1 cup Ricotta
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- ½ cup Superb Herb Mini Leaf Basil, chopped
- ¼ tsp Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place tomatoes on, drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then bake for 20 minutes until gorgeously roasted.
- Meanwhile make the whipped ricotta. Add ingredients to a blender and blend for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides with a spatula and pulse to combine. Set aside.
- To serve slather Corn Thins slices with whipped ricotta, then load with roast tomatoes, mini leaf basil and cracked black pepper.
Grilled Banana & Macadamia—Tropicana Bite
We make these grilled banana and macadamia Corn Thins slices for a delicious brunch, though they can be served for dessert.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 12 minutes Serves: 2
- 4 Real Foods Corn Thins Original
- 3 Dole Bobby Bananas
- 4 tbsp Maple Syrup, divided
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup FreshLife Macadamia Nuts, chopped
- A pinch of Sea salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut yoghurt
- 1/4 cup Passionfruit syrup
- 1/4 cup FreshLife Coconut Chips, lightly toasted
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Slice bobby bananas in half lengthwise, leaving the skins on. Place them cut-side-up on 1 baking tray. Drizzle with 2 tbsp maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Scatter macadamia nuts on the remaining baking tray. Drizzle with remaining maple syrup and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Pop the banana tray at the top of the oven. Roast banana for 10–12 minutes until golden, add the Macadamia tray below for the last 3 minutes.
- Serve Corn Thins slices slathered with coconut yogurt, topped with (peeled) baked bananas and roasted macadamias. Drizzle with passionfruit syrup and sprinkle with coconut chips.