Mixed Herb Butter
Making mixed herb butter is easy, looks impressive and tastes incredible! Keep it in the fridge and cut slices off to enhance recipes or to butter toast. You can experiment with your favourite herbs and edible flowers.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Makes: 1 cup
- 4 tbsp Superb Herb Sage*/ Rosemary/ Thyme/ Parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- 250g Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 4 tbsp Edible flowers, small or with petals separated
- Pinch of Sea salt
- Lay a rectangular piece of baking paper on a flat work surface. Scatter the middle with half of the edible flowers and prepared herbs – this step will help make your herb butter look nice.
- In a large bowl mix softened butter and salt with remaining flowers and herbs until well combined.
- Use a spatula to smear the butter onto the prepared baking paper then carefully roll it up until you have a cylindrical herb butter roulade. Pop in the fridge to solidify.
- Serve alongside some dipping oils and beautiful bread for a classy starter.
Tips: *Use sage sparingly as the flavour is intense.
Feel free to customise this homemade butter and experiment with flavours. Add your favourite herbs, garlic, capers, anchovies or even chillies for a bit of kick.