Slow Cooker Fig Lamb Stew
We love a hearty stew. This lamb stew has gorgeous figs for sweetness and butter beans for extra protein. Make it for a cold evening and enjoy the flavorsome leftovers the next day.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 3-4 hours Serves: 8-10
- 3 tbsp Olivado Avocado Cooking Oil
- 1 Pure South Butterflied Lamb Leg (approx. 1.2kg), trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes
- 3 Onions, diced
- 4 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tin Chantal Organics Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups Chantal Organics Tomato Passata
- 1 ½ cups Red wine
- 1 ½ cups Chicken stock
- 4 tbsp Balsmaic vinegar
- 1 bag (200g) FreshLife Silver Platter Figs
- 3 Superb Herb Bay Leaves
- 2 tbsp Lemon zest, grated
- 2 Cinnamon quills
- 2 cans Chantal Organics Butter Beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
To serve (optional)
- Crusty white bread
- Add oil to a large frying pan over medium-high heat and sear the lamb in batches. Set aside. Add onions and garlic to the frying pan and fry until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add all stew ingredients (except butter beans) to a slow cooker. Stir and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until the lamb is beautifully tender. When the stew is almost done add the butter beans and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Remove bay leaves and cinnamon quills before serving with hot buttered crusty bread (optional).