No-Churn Pineapple, Thai Basil & Ginger Ice Cream
This simple homemade ice cream is easy and fast to make without the use of an ice cream maker. Bursting with flavours this frozen treat will leave you wanting more.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4-6
- 1 Dole Tropical Gold Pineapple, skin and core removed, cut into small chunks
- 20g Ginger, skin removed and grated
- 2 cups Cream
- 1 Lime, zested
- Superb Herb Thai Basil, handful of picked leaves, finely chopped
- Line a loaf tin with cling wrap.
- Place the pineapple and ginger into a blender and blend on a high speed until the mixture becomes a smooth purée.
- Place the purée in a pot over a high heat. Once boiling reduce to a simmer and continue to cook until the mixture is thick and reduce to about half the volume. Let Cool completely.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold in the cooled purée, lime zest and chopped basil into the whipped cream until just combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin. Cover with cling wrap.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours. Take the ice cream out 10 minutes before serving so it’s easy to scoop.
- Tips: Use a very ripe pineapple. Although pineapple is fairly sweet you may want to add a sweetener of choice. For example 2-4 tbsp maple syrup or sugar syrup depending on your preference.