Cold Roast Lamb Slices with Coriander & Jalapeno Yoghurt
These flavoursome cold roast lamb slices will be the star of your summer spread. The beauty of a cold meat platter is to be able to prepare in advance. Great to take to a potluck too.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes (+ cooling time) Serves: 6–10 as appetiser
- 2 Pure South Cap Off Lamb Rump (approx. 250g each)
- 2 tbsp Olivado Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, grated
- 2 Shallots, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Cumin
- Salt & black pepper
For the Coriander & Jalapeno Yoghurt
- 1 cup Superb Herb Coriander
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Limes, juice
- 2 Jalapenos, seed removed and chopped
- 2 tbsp Gherkins, chopped
- 4 Anchovy fillets, optional
- Salt & pepper
- Extra Superb Herb Coriander
- Salt flakes, to tase
- Pita bread
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Mix garlic, shallots, oil, cumin seeds, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the spice paste all over the lamb.
- Brown the lamb all over on a barbeque, grill or fry-pan, about 2 minutes each side.
- Roast the lamb in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Transfer lamb to a plate, cover with foil, and let cool to room temperature. Then refrigerate until chilled, for 1 hour or longer.
- Meanwhile, place yogurt, coriander, lime juice, jalapeños, gherkins, anchovies, and a generous amount of black pepper in a food processor and process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Season with salt.
- Thinly slice the lamb and arrange on a serving platter. Sprinkle with flakey salt and garnish with extra coriander. Serve with yoghurt sauce and pita bread.