Raw Avocado & Lime Cheesecake
This raw avocado and lime cheesecake is not only divine, but it’s also healthy! So healthy in fact, you can have it for breakfast too! Perfect for gluten free eaters.
Prep time: 10 minutes (+ 3 hours freezing) Makes: 1 Cheesecake
For the filling:
- 3 large NZ Avocados, scooped
- 1 can (400ml) Chantal Organics Coconut Cream
- 1/4 cup Chantal Organics Creamed Honey, or to taste
- 1/3 cup Lime juice, or to taste
- 1 tbsp Lime zest, grated
- 1/3 cup FreshLife Black Chia Seeds
For the base:
- 1/2 cup FreshLife Pistachio Kernels
- 1/2 cup FreshLife Pecans
- 1 cup FreshLife Ground Almonds
- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics Hemp Hearts
- 5 FreshLife Medjool Dates, pitted
- 4 tbsp Olivado Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Edible flowers
- Lime zest
- Line a springform cake pan with baking paper and grease with coconut oil.
- In a blender, blend the base ingredients together until they come together in a sticky dough. Pour into the cake pan and press down to create an even base.
- Add all filling ingredients to the cleaned blender and blend until smooth. Add more honey or lime juice, to your liking. Pour over the cheesecake base and smooth with a spatula.
- Pop in the freezer for at least 3 hours, or until set. When ready to serve defrost for 10 minutes first then slice and serve with your favourite garnish.
Note: This cheesecake stores best in the freezer and will keep for up to 2 weeks. You can have it straight out of the freezer or leave to room temperature for 30mn to soften it a bit.
Tip: Turn it into mini muffins and store them in the freezer for easy on the go or lunchbox snacks.