Banana Boomerangs & Pineapple Frisbees
Fruit tartlets are always a hit with kids. Try this fun and tasty recipe with the kids during the holidays. We cut our pastry into fun banana boomerangs and pineapple frisbees but feel free to try other fruit and shapes.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Makes: 12 fruit pies
- 4 tbsp Butter
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Mixed spice
- 2 Sheets store-bought puff pastry, thawed
- 3 Dole Bobby Banana, halved lengthwise
- ¼ Dole Tropical Gold Pineapple, cored and cut into 1cm discs
- 100g Dark chocolate, melted
- ½ cup FreshLife Slivered Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and mixed spice. Stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- Unroll puff pastry sheets and liberally brush with spiced butter. Place prepared banana and pineapple on pastry, cutting around each one whilst leaving a 1cm border. Carefully place on baking trays.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden and cooked. Remove the fruit tartlets from the oven and leave to cool. Once cool, drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with slivered almonds.