Best Avocado & Eggs On Toast
Served with beautiful avocado and creamy labneh, these will quickly become your favourite eggs on toast! You can make labneh ahead of time and use it with other meals. Sprinkle with pistachio dukkah on for extra decadence. This breakfast will easily beat any cafe brunch.
Prep time: 15 mins (+ overnight) Cook time: 10-15 mins Serves: 2
- 4 Free Range Eggs
- 1 tbsp DYC White Vinegar
- 4 slices Ploughmans Bakery Harvest Rye bread
- 2 tsp Olivado Avocado Oil & Lime
- Salt, to taste
- 1 NZ Avocado, scooped & sliced
- 2 sprigs Superb Herb Thyme
- 700g Greek Yoghurt
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- For the Labneh: Line a sieve with muslin cloth and place over a bowl. Mix yoghurt with salt and lemon juice. Pour yoghurt mixture into the lined sieve and fold cloth over the top to cover completely. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Discard whey liquid. Tip labneh (strained yoghurt) into a bowl. Set aside.
- For the soft boiled eggs: Fill saucepan with water then add eggs and vinegar. Bring to the boil over medium heat then boil for 3 minutes. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl of iced water. Peel the shells once the eggs are cool enough to handle.
- To assemble your eggs on toast, toast rye bread to your liking. Once toasted drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt. Slather toasted bread with labneh, then add thyme, avocado slices, and boiled eggs. Sprinkle with pistachio dukkah and dig in. Delicious!