Fried Sweet Plantains
As the plantains ripen, they turn yellow and black spots start to appear, just like the bananas you are familiar with. Ripe plantains have soft flesh with slight tanny taste just like the normal bananas without the banana flavour. They are delicious caramelised with butter and a little sprinkle of cinnamon.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4
- 2 Dole ripe plantains (yellow)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics Creamed Honey
- ¼ tsp Ground cinnamon
- Banana & Peanut Butter Icecream (recipe here)
- A handful FreshLife Blanched Peanuts, toasted and crushed
- Peel and slice the plantains 2cm thick at an angle.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Melt butter, then cook plantain slices 2 minutes each side, until the pieces turn golden.
- Drizzle honey and sprinkle cinnamon. Lower heat and continue to cook for 7-8 minutes until caramelised.
- Serve with ice cream, topped with peanuts. Delicious.