Classic orange glazed ham
Orange marmalade glaze is a kiwi classic when it comes to Christmas ham. Serve with your favourite Christmas sides like roasted vegetables and salads.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 45–55 minutes Serves: many
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup Manuka Emporium manuka honey
- 1 tsp DYC apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 Farmland Hampden Half Ham; cooked on the bone
- whole cloves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan bake.
- Place the marmalade, orange juice, zest, honey, apple cider vinegar and cinnamon in a pot and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer for 10–15 minutes or until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon easily.
- Remove the skin from the ham leaving a 1cm of fat on the surface. Score the fat with a knife creating a diamond pattern. Baste the ham with the glaze. Place a clove in the corner of each diamond. Place into a deep dish baking tray.
- Cook for 35–45 minutes.
- Leave to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Tip: Cover with aluminum foil if the glaze starts browning too quickly. Usually around half way through cooking time this is needed.