Perfect Pecan pie
Looking for the perfect dessert? This pecan pie recipe is just what you need. The goodness of pecan nuts and the wow factor that is one of the world’s most renowned treats.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 60 minutes Serves: 6-8
- 2 sheets sweet shortcrust pastry
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 170 g golden syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups FreshLife Pecans
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup extra FreshLife pecans (for top)
- 300ml cream
- 1 tsp Frangelico Liqueur
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- White chocolate shavings
- Edible flowers
- Kenwood Titanium Chef Patissier XL Mixer
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Slightly overlap the two pastry sheets, firmly press to bond together. Cut the pastry just bigger than your pie dish. Gently lift the pastry and place into your pie dish or springform pan. Smooth out the base and press the edges up the sides. Poke a fork across the bottom a few times.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes or until it’s just starting to turn golden.
- In a bowl, place the eggs, brown sugar, golden syrup, vanilla and pecans, mix until well combined. Sprinkle nutmeg evenly over mixture and stir well again.
- Pour the nut mixture onto the pastry base. Carefully place the extra half a cup of whole pecans on top of the mixture randomly or whatever creative way you want. Return to the oven for a further 40-50 minutes.
- Allow the pie to sit and cool completely, allowing the filling to set.
- Pour all of the whipped cream ingredients into the Kenwood processor and whip using the whisk attachment, until soft peaks form.
- Pipe or dollop some of the cream on top of the pecan pie. Scatter flowers and white chocolate shavings over top. Serve the extra whipped cream in a side bowl.
Tip 1: We recommend using a thin pie dish, roughly 22cm in diameter.
Tip 2: Cover pie with foil if pastry is browning too quickly when cooking the filling.