Bananas flambé makes an impressive presentation at your dinner party, yet it is so simple and quick to make. This banana dessert is popular in the French Caribbean and also in New Orleans where the dessert is called Bananas Foster.
- To make mascarpone cream; In a bowl, mix all ingredients and beat until it forms a stiff peak.
- Peel and halve each banana lengthwise.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the bananas 3-4 minutes each side.
- Add the honey, heat through and toss to combine. Take the frying pan away from the heat, tilt away from you, then pour in the rum. Flambé. Cook until the flame dies down for a minute or so. (If it does not light itself then carefully ignite with the flame of the gas element or a lighter.)
- Serve bananas with mascarpone honey cream, sprinkled with some ginger nut biscuit crumb.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!