Make your own burgers packed with high quality ingredients. Using chia seeds means you don’t need eggs or breadcrumbs as a binder. These burger patties are so dang delicious so we made a finger-licking bunless beef burger, full of umami halloumi and mushrooms, wrapped in sweet petite cos. These are a great option for all ya’ll gluten free burger lovers out there.
For the burger patties
For the Tzatziki
- For The Burger Patties: Place all burger patty ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands or a spoon. Roll into balls, then place on a plate in the fridge for 20-30 mins.
- For The Tzatziki: Mix all tzatziki ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat BBQ on medium and drizzle with oil. Press refrigerated balls into patty shapes and bbq until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side. Season and bbq mushrooms until juicy and cooked, about 5 mins.
- Heat oil in a nonstick frying pan on bbq element and cook halloumi for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- To Assemble: Place a patty, haloumi piece and mushroom in a cos leaf. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Spoon tzatziki over and tuck in!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!