This is for the serious meat lovers. Simply quick grilled beef is just wonderful by itself, but an easy-mix homemade Peanut Satay Sauce can give it a lovely twist too.
For the Peanut Satay Sauce
For the Avocado Carrot Thai Slaw
Thai Slaw Dressing
- 1 small red chilli finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- Take the meat out of the fridge and cut into 2-3 cm strips. Drizzle some oil, season with salt & pepper and leave until you are ready to cook. Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Mix all the Peanut sauce ingredients to make the Peanut Satay sauce.
- Prepare and dress the slaw.
- Thread the meat onto metal skewers.
- Grill or roast the beef skewers on a baking sheet in the hot oven for 10 minutes, turning once. Serve hot or at room temperature, with the sauce for dipping accompanied by jasmine rice and the carrot avocado Thai slaw.
- Hazy, hoppy pale ale with a tropical fruit aroma compliments very well with the Asian spice and flavour.
Tip: If you are using bamboo skewers, make sure you soak in water for at least 15 minutes before threading the meat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!