Beer can chicken is a fun way to cook chicken on the bbq, plus it’s a real crowd pleaser when made into our delicious chicken caesar salad. We use Greek yoghurt and avocado in the dressing to make it extra creamy.
For the Chicken
For the Caesar
For the Dressing
- 1 New Zealand Avocado
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- ⅓ cup Anchor Unsweetened Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Olivado Avocado Garlic Oil
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Zest & Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 Delmaine Anchovy Fillets
- Beer Match: Emerson’s Into The Valley Raspberry Sour
- For the Chicken: Make sure chicken is clean and dry. Rub with oil and Mrs Rogers spice blend. Open your beer can and take a few sips - you want the can to be around ¾ full. Lift your bird and mount the cavity over the open beer can. Transfer your beer can chicken to your BBQ griddle, balancing the bird with the 2 legs and beer can. Cook the chook over a medium indirect heat (180C) for roughly 1hr - 1hr 15, or until the juice runs clear. Rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- For the Dressing: Blitz the avocado, garlic, Greek yoghurt, worcestershire sauce, lemon and anchovy fillets in a food processor until you have a smooth dressing.
- For the Caesar: Dress the cos with the avocado yoghurt dressing and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Serve chicken alongside caesar with a crispy cold can of beer and devour while hot!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!