Carrot Cake Pancakes
Having dessert for breakfast should be a rare treat reserved for special occasions. But when you do it, do it well and remember presentation is key.
You Will Need:
1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup milk (or buttermilk)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup carrot (grated)
4 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
3 tablespoons maple syrup
powdered sugar to taste
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and in a large bowl.
2. Mix the milk, egg, sugar and carrot in another bowl.
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients making sure to not over mix.
4. Heat a pan and melt a touch of butter in it.
5. Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan and heat until the surface starts to bubble and the bottom is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
6. Flip the pancake and cook the other side until the bottom is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
7. Mix the cream cheese and maple syrup and add some powdered sugar to get it as sweet as you like.
8. Spread the cream cheese onto the pancakes.