Chipotle Coffee Chicken with Charred Corn Salsa
This dish screams Summer, and the smokey spicy flavours in the chicken are perfect alongside the fresh corn salsa.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Serves: 4
- 500g boneless skinless chicken thighs (we love Waitoa)
- 1/2 cup Barker’s chipotle sauce
- 1tbsp instant coffee powder (we love Avalanche)
- 2 limes
- 4 ears of corn, peeled
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, torn
- 50g feta, crumbled
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (we love Olivado)
- Place the chicken thighs in a bowl, and pour over the chipotle sauce, coffee and juice of 1 lime. Stir to coat the chicken, then cover and marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Heat a grill pan or BBQ to high heat, then place the corn and chicken thighs on to cook. Cook the corn for 5-10 minutes or until the kernels are slightly charred and leave to cool. Cook the chicken thighs until golden/charred and cooked through. Set aside to rest(keep warm).
- To make the salsa, carve the corn from the cob and place into a bowl. Add in the onion, capsicum, coriander, feta and olive oil. Squeeze in the juice of the remaining lime, stir and season to taste.
- Serve the salsa alongside the chicken thighs.
- Tip: Add avocado cubes to the salsa if desired.