What better way to start the day then with a yummy cottage cheese, pea & pesto omelette? The cottage cheeses makes this oh so creamy & dreamy. We love the addition of pesto, peas & fresh mint.
- We used a Le Creuset non-stick frying pan to make the omelette.
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup fresh peas shelled & blanched
- 1 tbsp Superb Herb Mint chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp store-bought basil pesto
- salt & black pepper
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and cottage cheese together. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in the chopped mint.
- Melt butter in a nonstick frying pan over medium to high heat. Fry the peas for a minute.
- Pour in egg mixture, titling and moving the frying pan so the mixture covers the entire surface.
- Loosen a couple of times with a spatula so any uncooked egg can run into the centre.
- Carefully fold in half, slide onto a plate, drizzle with pesto and eat while hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!