A chicken, bacon and mushroom carbonara has the most creamy texture and comes together in just thirty minutes for the perfect go-to weeknight pasta dish.
- Cook the fettuccine according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large fry pan and cook the chicken pieces until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reusing the same pan, cook the bacon over a medium-high heat until golden. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes until mushrooms are tender and garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in the cream, parmesan cheese, cooked chicken and pasta and continue to gently stir for a couple of minutes until the parmesan is melted. Add the egg yolks and stir to coat in all the sauce.
- Season to taste, top with additional parmesan cheese if desired and serve with a garnish of fresh thyme.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!