Perfect canapé dish for cocktail parties. Fried Mozzarella Cheese Balls is a crowd pleaser everytime, so make sure you make plenty for seconds, even thirds!
- 1 kg mozzarella cheese cut into rough cubes
- ⅔ cup flour
- 3 eggs beaten
- ¾ cup Italian herbed and seasoned bread crumbs
- 5 cups rice bran oil for deep frying
- In a deep fryer, heat the oil over high heat until temperature reaches 185°C.
- Pour flour in a bowl.
- In a second bowl beat the eggs.
- Place the seasoned bread crumbs in a third bowl.
- One at a time, roll each mozzarella knob in the flour, dip in the eggs and then coat thoroughly with the bread crumbs.
- Set on a paper-lined baking tray.
- Using a slotted spoon, place the crumbed cheese cubes into the oil, turning occasionally until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Using the slotted spoon, transfer the cheese balls to paper towel-lined baking sheet and keep warm.
- Spear cube with toothpicks and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!