How about making our gooey layered peanut butter chocolate brownie for Easter? The Peanut butter gives a lovely contrast of flavour to this truly chocolaty sweet sensation. A must to try.
- Brownie Batter
- ¾ cup Westgold Unsalted Butter
- 130 g Whittaker’s Dark Ghana Chocolate chopped
- ¾ cup White Sugar
- ¾ cup Coconut sugar
- 3 Otaika Valley Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 ½ tbsp Cocoa powder
- Peanut & Chocolate butter Layer
- ¼ cup Westgold Unsalted Butter melted & cooled
- 1 cup Pic’s Peanut & Chocolate Butter warmed
- ¼ cup Caster sugar
- ¼ cup FreshLife blanched Peanuts roughly chopped
- Sprinkles of salt flakes optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Brownie Batter: Add butter and chopped chocolate to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 10 second intervals, stirring each time, until melted together. Add sugars to the bowl and stir well. Add eggs and mix well. Sift in flour and cocoa powder and stir until just combined.
- Peanut Butter Layer: Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour brownie batter into the baking pan, smooth with a spatula, then pour the peanut butter layer on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean (you want the brownie a little fudgy). Leave to cool before slicing and serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!