Green beans are healthy and delicious but we’ve noticed that there seems to be a lack of exciting recipes for beans. So we’ve found a recipe that you’ll love.
Vegetable cooking spray
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup shredded reduced-sodium, reduced-fat Swiss cheese
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 packages frozen French-style green beans, thawed and drained
1 1/2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix
2 teaspoons margarine, melted
1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Coat a medium saucepan with cooking spray, and place over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion and saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add the milk, stirring until blended.
- Stir in cheese, sour cream, sugar, and salt; cook 5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Place green beans in an 8-inch square baking dish; pour the sauce over beans.
- Combine stuffing mix, margarine, and egg white in a bowl; stir well, and sprinkle over green bean mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.