There is just no excuse not to treat yourself. A juicy, moist NZ rack of lamb is the best way to enjoy your red meat protein and iron fix. This is a simple way of preparing lamb rack with a superb result.
- 2 racks lamb Frenched
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs rosemary, Italian parsley, oregano, chervil
- 1 slice white bread or some ciabatta a day old works better
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper.
- 1 egg white
- Process the bread in a food processor to make fresh breadcrumbs.
- Mix breadcrumbs, herbs, olive oil, salt and pepper to make the herby crumb.
- Brush the lamb flesh with a beaten egg white first to ensure the crumb sticks. Press the crumb onto the lamb.
- Bake at 220°C for 12-15 minutes then finish slowly under the grill to brown. You must rest the lamb rack for 5 minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!