Enjoy the home comforts of roast chicken with this healthy salad. Perfect for dinner and work lunches the next day!
For the roast chicken
For the salad
- 1 bag sweet stem broccoli lightly steamed (we love The Fresh Grower)
- 200 g green beans topped & tailed, lightly steamed
- 1 can cooked lentils rinsed and drained (we love Chantal Organics)
- 1 block feta cubed (we love Mainland)
- ½ cup pitted kalamata or green olives
- A handful of Italian Parsley we love Superb Herb
For the dressing
- ½ cup avocado oil infused with garlic we love Olivado
- ½ lemon juice only
- ½ tsp sea salt we love Chantal Organics
- 1 tsp thyme honey we love Airborne
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- To prepare the chicken, stuff it with the quartered lemons and a few sprigs of rosemary and thyme. Place it on a roasting tray. Drizzle with avocado oil infused with garlic and the rest of the herbs, rubbing the flavours into the skin.
- Roast in the oven for 90 minutes, basting every 30 minutes until the juices run clear. Remove from the oven, let cool, discarding the lemon quarters, and removing the bones (you can save these to make stock).
- Carve the roast chicken like you normally would leaving that beautiful crispy skin on.
- To make the dressing, mix the avocado oil, lemon juice, honey and salt in a jar. Shake well. Add the chicken juices to the dressing and give it another shake just before serving.
- In a large serving bowl arrange the sweet stem broccoli, lentils, green beans, feta and olives. Top with chicken and parsley. Pour the dressing over and devour.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!