This vegetarian curry is tasty and loaded with nutritious greens. You can add frozen greens (spinach and peas) and whatever greens you have a glut of in your garden. Paneer is an Indian cottage cheese that can be found in most supermarkets.
- 1 block paneer cheese cubed
- 300 g spinach leaves
- 60 g green kale salad leaves
- ½ can Chantal Organics coconut milk
- 3 tbsp Olivado avocado oil & chilli
- ½ cup roast unsalted cashews roughly chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tsp garlic diced
- 2 tsp ginger grated
- 1 green chilli diced
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- sea salt to taste
- 2 packets basmati fragrant white rice microwave rice
- 1 packet Naan bread heated
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a deep set frying pan. Add the diced onion and fry for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and coconut milk and fry for 1 minute. Add the spinach and kale in batches (it will wilt down immensely).
- Once the greens have wilted down use a blending stick and blend until smooth. Alternatively let it cool then blitz in a blender.
- Heat the other tablespoon of avocado oil in a nonstick pan. Add the cubed paneer and fry until golden, about five minutes. Sprinkle with salt.
- Pour the blended curry sauce over the paneer and add the cashew nuts.
- Heat the basmati microwave pouches and naan breads as per instructions.
- Serve the spinach curry over rice with naan breads.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!