Our lamb rump, cos & chimichurri salad is absolutely divine. Chimichurri is a classic Argentinian sauce, often served over grilled meats. We like to use mint with parsley, to give it a fresh and zingy flavour that pairs perfectly with lamb.
For the Chimichurri
For The Salad
- 2 of The Fresh Grower Sweet Petite Cos quartered
- 1 Lemon cut in half
- Extra Anchovies
- Preheat bbq hotplate and grill.
- For The Lamb: Pat lamb rump dry, season with salt and pepper and a drizzle of oil. Place lamb, fat cap-side down on the hot plate for 4 mins, until browned and fat has rendered. Move lamb to grill and cook for 5 mins on each remaining 3 sides (for medium rare), or to your liking. Set aside, covered, to rest for 10 mins. Slice thinly against the grain with a sharp knife.
- For The Chimichurri: Add all chimichurri ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste.
- To Serve: Lay the quartered cos on a large platter. Scatter with extra anchovies, drizzle liberally with chimichurri and a squeeze of lemon. Lay the sliced lamb rump on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!