A luscious lemon blueberry cake that will be very popular at afternoon tea time. The addition of the sour cream cuts beautifully through the zesty lemon flavours.
- 125 g butter softened
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plain flour plus 1 tbsp extra for the blueberries
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup icing sugar
- ½ lemon juice only
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a 20cm round cake ring tin.
- Beat the butter, lemon zest, sugar and eggs together until light and fluffy.
- Sift 1 cup flour and baking powder together. Fold sifted ingredients into egg mixture alternately with sour cream, mixing until smooth.
- Toss frozen blueberries with 1 tablespoon of flour and gently fold through the cake mix batter.
- Pour mixture into the greased cake tin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Leave in tin for 5 to 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- When cooled, drizzle a mixture of icing sugar, lemon juice and a little water.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!