A lighter, tangier version of the classic rice pudding. The combination of mango and coconut makes this pudding next level. Vegan, gluten and sugar free!
- ½ cup pudding/risotto rice
- 1 tin Chantal Organics coconut cream 400g
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp clover honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lime zest & Juice
- 1 large mango ripe
- shredded coconut toasted
- passionfruit powder
- Put the rice, water, coconut cream, honey, salt and vanilla in a saucepan. Mix well. Heat over a medium heat to boil. Reduce heat to very low and let it to simmer gently for 40 minutes. Stir regularly to prevent the rice sticking to the bottom and to cook evenly.
- While the rice is simmering prepare the mango. The mango has a large flat-ish oblong stone in the middle.Hold the mango with one hand, stand it on its end, stem side down. With a sharp knife cut from the top down one side of the stone. Repeat with the other side. You should end up with three pieces, two halves, and a middle section that includes the stone. Peel the skin with your fingers. Cut the flesh into cubes and reserve half. Process the other half in a food processor to make a smooth mango puree.
- Divide coconut rice pudding between bowls.Swirl through a generous amount of the mango puree. Garnish with the mango pieces and shredded coconut.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!