What’s better than a quick and easy pasta? A one pot creamy pasta bake that has cheese and red wine. Don’t worry… there will be enough wine leftover for the cook to enjoy a glass (or two).
- 2 tbsp Olivado avocado oil and garlic
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tbsp golden sugar
- 1 cup I Am George Cabernet Savignon 2017
- 250 g Meadow Mushrooms white button pasta mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 3-4 cups Continental vegetable stock
- 400 g Diamond penne pasta
- 2 Superb Herb bay leaves
- 2 Superb Herb thyme sprigs
- ¾ cup Anchor cream
- 1 cup Mainland aged cheddar vintage cheese grated
- 2 cups The Fresh Grower spinach leaves
- Salt & Pepper
- In a heavy set frypan, fry the onions in oil for 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Sprinkle in golden sugar, pour in the red wine and caramelize the onions for a few minutes, until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in 3 cups of vegetable stock and add the pasta, bay leaves and thyme. Cover with a lid to cook for 7-10 minutes, until al dente, stirring every couple of minutes. You can add the extra cup of stock if needed.
- Pour the cream in. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cheese and spinach and stir until the spinach has wilted.
- Top with an extra sprinkle of cheese. Place under a hot grill for 3-5 minutes until the cheese melts and golden.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!