We love these nutty vegan falafel. Use pistachio nuts and fresh herbs for delicious greens. Serve the falafel in a sharing platter or serve in pitas with fresh vegetables for a healthy and tasty meal!
- ⅓ cup spinach
- ⅓ cup Superb Herb Basil leaves
- 400 g Chantal Organics Chickpeas rinsed & drained
- ½ onion diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest grated
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup FreshLife Pistachio Kernels
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp FreshLife Buckwheat Flour
- 3 tbsp Olivado Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- pita bread
- fresh salad greens
- pickled onion
- vegan yoghurt
- vegan feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Brend the basil and spinach in a blender for 10 seconds. Add the rest of the falafel ingredients and process until combined (a little chunky is best). Add extra salt and lemon juice to taste if desired.
- Make small falafel balls with your hands or two spoons and place spaced on the prepared baking tray. Bake for 20–30 minutes until golden and cooked, turning halfway through.
- Serve falafel with your favourite salad sides and pita bread. Yum!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!