This raw slice puts a healthy twist on classic ginger crunch, with no refined sugar and lots of texture. The perfect 3pm treat!
- 2 ½ cups Alisons Pantry Rolled Oats
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 2 ½ cups Alisons Pantry Dates soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
- ½ cup Olivado Extra Virgin Coconut Oil melted
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger finely minced
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ cup Alisons Pantry Pistachios shelled and roughly chopped
- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp Olivado Extra Virgin Coconut Oil melted
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- In a food processor, blitz the oats and coconut until they reach a fine texture. Add in the soaked dates, ½ cup melted coconut oil, 1 tsp ground ginger and a pinch of sea salt. Process until well combined, and the mixture comes together.
- Press into a lined baking tin, and place in the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- To make the topping, add the remaining coconut and coconut oil to a food processor. Blend until it reaches a liquid consistency. Add the remaining ground ginger, fresh ginger, coconut sugar and a pinch of sea salt, and blend until just combined.
- Spread over the base, sprinkle with pistachios and place in the freezer to set.
- Cut into bars and serve.
If you’re icing doesn’t come together, stream in coconut milk until the icing reaches a creamy but thick consistency.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!