This recipe turns the beloved Caprese salad into a beautiful pasta dish. The classic Caprese flavours are turned up a notch to create this fresh and tasty vegetarian lunch or dinner!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4-6
2 punnets cherry tomatoes (We love NZ Hothouse Suga Babes)
6 cloves garlic, peeled and slightly crushed
350g dry large pasta spirals (We love Diamond)
250g tub fresh bocconcini (we love Massimo’s)
1 cup fresh basil (We love Superb Herb)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (We love Olivado)
3 tablespoons balsamic glaze
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees fan bake.
- In a baking dish, spread out the cherry tomatoes and garlic cloves. Season, drizzle with oil, the roast for 15-20 minutes or until the skins have blistered. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions, drain, and then place into a bowl.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and garlic to the pasta, then use your hands to tear the bocconcini into the mix, followed by the torn basil.
- Pour over a generous drizzle of olive oil then toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve warm with the balsamic drizzle.
This can made ahead and refrigerated until needed.