Rose harissa makes for a lovely and unique addition to any tomato sauce. This recipe is a simplified riff on Ottolenghi’s ‘Pappardelle with Rose Harissa, Black olives and Capers.’ Feel free to use the pasta of your choice.
- 56 g dry pasta boiled al dente in salted water
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon rose Harissa
- a handful black olives
- 1 Tablespoon capers optional
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon yoghurt use sour cream or heavy cream if you prefer
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh rose petals to garnish
- Parsley blossoms to garnish
- Bring pasta to a boil in a pot of salted water. While pasta is cooking, heat up tomato sauce in a pan and add rose harissa, olives, capers, yogurt and parsley. Once warm, remove from heat and toss with strained pasta and a few tablespoons of pasta water. Garnish with rose petals and parsley blossoms.
For more recipe inspiration, visit laurenlulutaylor.com.