These moreish salty butterscotch apple crumble pots are the perfect dinner party dessert. You can prepare these bad boys hours before, pop them in the fridge and bake them just before serving.
- We used Le Creuset stoneware ramekins to make these crumbles.
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup raw sugar
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150 g cold butter cubed
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 8-10 apples peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup caramel
- pinch of sea salt
- 50 g butter chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- For the topping, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add the butter cubes and rub into dry ingredients to resemble breadcrumbs. You could also use a food processor for this step. Stir in the oats, then set aside in a fridge while you cut the apples.
- Toss the chopped apples well with the caramel and sea salt.
- Split the mixture between 8 ovenproof ramekins, top each with a knob of butter then sprinkle the oaty topping evenly all over each.
- Bake for 40–50 minutes until the apples are bubbling and the crumble is golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or custard if you like.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!