Make our delicious stone fruit trifle over the Christmas period to delight your guests. We use store-bought sponge and custard so you can quickly throw this together, meaning you’ll have more time to spend with your loved ones.
For The Rum Syrup
- 1 ½ cups dark rum
- ¼ cup Airborne Clover Multifloral Honey
- 2 limes juice only
- Coconut shavings lightly toasted
- Lime zest in long peels
For The Rum Syrup:
- Stir rum, honey and lime juice together in a medium saucepan over medium heat until honey is dissolved. Boil until syrup is reduced to ¾ cup, about 5-7 mins.
- Add sliced fruit to rum syrup and simmer with the lid on for 5 mins. Separate fruit from syrup. Let cool.
- Cut sponge cake in half and liberally paint the inside with plum jam. Sandwich the sponge together, with jam in the middle, then cut into cubes.
- Mix lime zest with mascarpone and cream.
- In the base of a trifle dish layer the sponge squares. Drizzle with rum syrup, then layer the mascarpone mix, stone fruit, then custard. Garnish trifle with coconut shavings and long lime zest.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving, then dig in.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!